Organisations comprise both industry-related organisations and non-industry related organisations.
Professional Bodies are industry-related organisations and each Professional Body who applies to join the IRCM’s Directory or is found through research undertaken by the IRCM will be identified through one of three ways – REGISTERED, ACCREDITED, or LISTED.
Professional Bodies serve the Private Commercial Training Companies and the Individual Suppliers (Coaches, and Mentors) by providing a verification process (accreditation/credential); a membership service; and support.
The IRCM recommends that each Professional Body REGISTERS with the IRCM to confirm that they include the international industry Unified Codes of Conduct and details of the Ombudsman Service in their own Professional Body Codes of Conduct.
This ensures that the:
- Private Commercial Training Organisations who train the Coaches and/or Mentors to work with the Consumer, has the right level of training and is working within the international industry Unified Codes of Conduct and recognises the Ombudsman Service.
- Coaches and/or Mentors, who work with the Consumer, have the right level of competence and is working within the international industry Unified Codes of Conduct and recognises the Ombudsman Service.
On the IRCM’s Professional Bodies Directory, the IRCM:
- LISTS all known Professional Bodies.
- encourages Professional Bodies to abide by a defined, consistent, and unified code of ethics, standards, and core competencies, and recognise the Ombudsman Service for consumers (their members) by REGISTERING.
- in addition to Registering, provides an independent verification for the Professional Body through ACCREDITATION – an independent verification of the Professional Bodies, standards, ethics, policies and processes.
Registered and Accredited Professional Bodies will be representing the industry through their active participation in the IRCM’s Future Industry Steering Committees.
Accredited Professional Bodies will be representing the industry through other activities in the IRCM’s Future Industry Department.