In line with the Privacy Note published by the IRCM, the IRCM will retain personal information of each successful applicant and team member for the regulatory period of time.
What information is collected?
The IRCM collects a range of information about you, which includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- where applicable, information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the IRCM needs to be aware of;
- information about your residence situation; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, and religion or belief.
The IRCM collects this information through your application form, covering letter, references, and interview. You may be requested to submit a copy of your passport, utility bills, or other identifying documents or other forms of assessment, and maybe online tests.
The IRCM does not review social media profiles as part of the application process, but reserves the right to monitor social media profiles for those individuals who hold key positions.
The data collected will be stored in a range of different places; your application form, in HR management systems, and on other applicable IT systems. Data may be retained on emails, both received and sent.
Why is the information collected?
The IRCM is meeting it’s legal obligations.
Who has access to the information?
Your information will be received by the HR Department and shared only with those internal members of the team who are involved in the specific role recruitment. The IT staff will have access to your data through the IRCM’s database, but will not use this information, other than verifying it’s completeness and security.
The IRCM will not share your data with third parties, unless your role requires this. Where your role requires your data to be shared with third parties, you will be notified in advance.
Unless required for legal reasons with your residence country, your data will not be shared outside the United Kingdom.
All data held by the IRCM is managed through it’s internal policies and controls which are in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by those authorised in the proper performance of their duties.
With respect to Data Protection, your application details will be held in the strictest of confidence. Information collected through the IRCM’s recruitment process will be held for no longer than the application process for those applicants who are not successful. For successful applicants, the IRCM will retain your application information where it is relevant to your contract and will be held in your personal file. The length of time your data is held is determined by UK legislation.
Your rights in relation to your data
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- obtain a copy of your data on request;
- request the IRCM to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- request the IRCM to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the IRCM is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask IRCM to stop processing data for a period if the data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the IRCM’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
You can exercise your rights by emailing HR@IRCM-CIC.org and make the relevant request.
Issue 2: July, 2019