The overall reason a Professional Body would REGISTER with the IRCM is to protect the consumer (their members), raise consumer confidence in the industry by bringing the industry together to work as a single industry. The Professional Body and their Members agree to abide by the Unified Codes of Conduct and determining the industry future; while providing an Ombudsman Service for all consumers.
It is to build trust, confidence, and excellence in the coaching or mentoring industry; and is one of credibility.
By REGISTERING with the IRCM, each Professional Body:
- demonstrates that they are committed to building trust, confidence, and excellence in the coaching and/or mentoring industry through their inclusion on the Professional Body Directory.
- is focused on helping consumers of the coaching and mentoring industry make better informed decisions.
- brings this industry together for the good of the Consumer.
- actively partners and participates in the Steering Committees and determine the future of the industry.
- nominates individuals to represent their members (coaches, mentors, private commercial training organisations) to actively participate in the future development of the coaching and mentoring industry.
- to provide ‘authorised’ verification of standards through accreditation/credential to their members – coaches, mentors, private commercial training organisations.
- to demonstrate their commitment to their members and their consumer protection.
- to demonstrate their commitment to the transparency and openness of the industry.
- to demonstrate their commitment to raising the bar in the industry as a whole.
- agrees to abide by:
- Unified Code of Industry Ethics,
- Unified Industry Core Competencies,
- Disciplinary Procedures, and
- recognises the Ombudsman Service for consumers.
The overall reason a Professional Body would gain ACCREDITATION with the IRCM is to demonstrate their commitment to working within a single international Coaching and Mentoring industry.
By gaining ACCREDITATION from the IRCM, each Professional Body:
- is currently REGISTERED with the IRCM.
- demonstrates their inclusion in the industry by allowing their process, policies, and procedures to be subject to an in-depth verification and audit.
- demonstrates a transparency and openness in allowing their process, policies, and procedures to be subject to an in-depth verification and audit.
- may select to have a closer working relationship with the IRCM.
- may select to participate in additional areas such as research, industry resources, white paper creation, books, newsletters, etc.
Currently all information provided by and correspondence with the IRCM is in English.