The Benefits for Support Groups joining the IRCM in their remit to building trust, confidence, and excellence in the coaching or mentoring industry is one of credibility and demonstrating their authority as a thought leader representing the Industry in their participation in the Support Group Advisory Steering Committee.
Each Support Group:
- demonstrate that as a Support Group, they and their members have committed to building trust, confidence, and excellence in the coaching or mentoring industry through their inclusion on the Directory.
- focused on helping consumers of the coaching and mentoring industry make better informed decisions.
The consumers are the Support Group members and REGISTERING on the IRCM’s Support Group directory confirms the Support Group’s credibility.
- agrees to abide by:
- Unified Code of Industry Ethics,
- Unified Industry Core Competencies,
- Disciplinary Procedures.
- and recognise the coaching and mentoring industry Ombudsman Service.
- nominating an individual to actively participate, representing the Support Group, in the future development of the coaching and mentoring industry by participating in the IRCM’s Support Group Advisory Steering Committee.
- provides clarity for the consumers (coaches and mentors searching for local support).
- provides on-going Continuing Professional Development to support the excellence of the coaches and mentors in the industry.
- provides other types of support to support their members – the coaches and/or mentors in this industry.
- works with the IRCM to improve confidence with the consumers in the international community of coaching and mentoring.
- brings this industry together for the common good of the consumer.
Support Groups are generally local groups where students, coaches, and mentors can come together to benefit from each other’s knowledge and experience.
Although the IRCM has set application and annual fees for Support Groups, it has been brought to their attention that the majority of Support Groups known to the IRCM do not charge fees to their members, and are run by the organisers for the benefit of the industry. Therefore, the IRCM will not be charging Support Groups any fees currently.
Currently all information provided by and correspondence with the IRCM is in English.