As a Coach, Mentor, or individual interested in Coaching and/or Mentoring wishing to benefit from the accreditation/credential and support offered by an IRCM REGISTERED or ACCREDITED Professional Body, we recommend that you check their validity:
- has this Professional Body gained ACCREDITATION with the IRCM?
- is this Professional Body REGISTERED with the IRCM?
- if this Professional Body is registered with the IRCM, how have their defined their accreditation/credential standards?
- what competence and qualification does the accrediting/credentialing team hold?
– ask about the accreditation/credential team’s background and coaching and/or mentoring experience.
– ask how this team was selected.
- what is the Legal Entity structure of the company?
- research other members and how they have benefited.
- what Continuing Professional Development does this Professional Body provide?
- what industry support does this Professional Body provide?
- what other support does this Professional Body provide?
- ask about the team’s background and coaching and/or mentoring experience of those providing Continuing Professional Development and/or Industry Support.
- follow up references and/or testimonials provided.
Does this Professional Body abide by and include the IRCM’s Codes of Conduct?
- unified Code of Industry Ethics,
- unified Core Competencies,
- Disciplinary Procedures, and
- recognising the Ombudsman Service.
ACCREDITATION with the IRCM provides an additional level of verification for Professional Bodies who have successfully completed the IRCM’s independent verification by demonstrating a transparency and openness about their policies, processes, and procedures.